We would like to expand our team for our application-oriented research projects with junior and senior researchers (m/f/d) in the field of computer science.
You should have
- Master’s degree in computer science, business informatics or comparable education.
- Doctorate for senior position desirable
- Good knowledge of several programming languages
- Experience with (and enthusiasm for) blockchain technologies or DLTs.
- Interest in solving complex problems related to the coordination of different stakeholders in distributed systems
- Fluent in English (ideally also German)
- Ability to work in a team and good communication skills
- High degree of initiative and self-organisation
- Experience with development of DApps or smart contracts is an advantage
- Experience as a (full-stack) developer (focus on backend development) is an advantage
Your tasks would include
- Prototypical development of DApps for different research projects (amongst) others in the areas of supply chain management and tokenisation).
- using appropriate blockchain technologies (Ethereum, IOTA, Hyperledger Fabric,…) depending on the project
- participation in the design of appropriate system and software architectures
- implementation of frontends to demonstrate the functionality
- Systematic planning and implementation of software tests
- Coordination with customers regarding requirements and interfaces
- Researching the latest technologies and products in the blockchain/DLT environment with regard to their applicability for current projects
- Collaboration on scientific publications
- attractive tasks in national and international projects with well-known companies
- Collaboration in an interdisciplinary team of researchers
- Attractive full-time employment (40h/week)
- Opportunity to write a doctoral thesis
- Continuous scientific exchange with leading scientists at ABC and our scientific partners
- Opportunity for independent and joint publication of research results in scientific journals
- Working in an international team
- Flexible working hours
- Workplace close to the underground (U1).
The minimum gross salary is € 3,185.00 per month (14 times per year), and with a completed PhD the minimum gross salary is € 3,850.00. Our final offer depends on your qualifications.
The Austrian Blockchain Center (ABC) is an application-oriented, nationally funded research centre. The mission of the Center is to be the Austrian one-stop-shop research centre for Blockchain (and related) technologies used in industrial applications such as Industry 4.0 / IoT as well as in finance, energy, logistics, government and administration applications. Together with our scientific partners, we provide services to a wide range of industries, from financial services to manufacturing.
Are you interested?
Please send us your CV and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org!
We would like to increase our share of women and would be happy if we could fill these positions with women.