Do you have an understanding of supply chains and are you also interested in digital technologies? You want to take an important step in your scientific career and drive digitalization in Austria? Then you will find ideal conditions for this with us!
To strengthen our research area Supply Chain Management we are looking for a
Researcher prae doc
As part of the job, you will work on current issues in the application of blockchain and related technologies to improve and digitize supply chains as well as improve the tracking and tracing of commodity flows.
What we offer
- Attractive full-time employment (40h/week).
- Opportunity to write a doctoral thesis
- Continuous scientific exchange with leading scientists at ABC and WU (Vienna University of Economics and Business)
- Opportunity for independent and joint publication of research results in scientific journals
- Working in an international team
- Workplace close to the subway (U1)
What you do
- Carrying out a research project in the field of supply chain management with a focus on process innovations
- Contribute to the planning, organization, preparation and follow-up of all project-related activities (research, workshops, reporting, etc.)
- Ongoing support of project partners (especially partner companies and public institutions) as central contact person
- Independent research for a dissertation project within the scope of the research project
- Collaboration on further research projects and knowledge building in ABC
- Administrative work
Who you are
- Completed diploma or master studies with focus on Operations and Supply Chain Management or Operations Research or Business Informatics
- Interest in scientific work m the field of Operations Management and Supply Chain Management with a focus on process innovation through the application of blockchain technologies
- Preferred interests in Capacity and Inventory Management and Responsible Sourcing.
- Experience in scientific research is desired
- Ability to communicate professionally with project partners
- Interest in computer science and digitalization (especially blockchain and related technologies) and a good technical understanding of these technologies
- Very good knowledge of German and English
The minimum salary for this position is € 3,185.00 gross per month (14 times per year). Our final offer will depend on your experience.
The Austrian Blockchain Center (ABC) is a competence center partly funded by the Austrian Research Promotion Agency. The mission of the center is to be the Austrian one-stop-shop research center for Blockchain (and related) technologies used in industrial applications such as Industry 4.0 / IoT as well as in finance, energy, logistics, government, and administration applications. Together with our academic partners, we provide services to a wide range of industries, from financial services to manufacturing.
Are you interested? Please email us at email@example.com. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Please include your CV, motivation letter and other relevant documents.
We would like to increase our share of women and would be happy if we could fill these positions with women.