Do you want to work at the forefront of cryptoeconomics and token engineering? Do you want to contribute to the evolution of this nascent field not only from a scientific but also from a practical side? Are you interested in designing token economic systems that have an environmental and social impact on local as well global communities?
Researcher prae doc in the field of Token Engineering
As part of the job, you will work in the field of token engineering for national and international projects with an ESG focus.
What we offer
- Full-time employment (40h/week) working on
- national and international projects with well-known partners
- collaborating with industry experts and innovators
- Opportunity to write a doctoral thesis
- Possibility for independent as well as joint publications of research results in scientific journals
- Continuous scientific exchange with leading scientists at ABC and at our scientific partners
- Working in an interdisciplinary team of international researchers
- Flexible working hours
- Workplace close to the underground (U1)
Your tasks include
- Work on research projects in the field of token engineering
- Designing digital economies and token systems
- Creating use cases for tokens, protocols, DAPPs and DeFi
- Participate in the engineering design process
- Create, test and implement system mechanisms and agent incentives
- Derive system properties and characteristics
- Build models and perform simulation experiments
- Roadmap, audit, and design economic and governance systems
- Engage in public speaking, research, and education initiatives
- Contribute to the planning, organization, preparation, and follow-up of all project-related activities (research, workshops, reporting, publications etc.)
- Communication with project partners
- Independent research for a dissertation project within the scope of the projects
- Administrative work
Who you are
- Master’s degree in business administration, economics or business informatics
- Interest in scientific work in the field of tokenization, token engineering and cryptoeconomics. Experience in scientific research is desired.
- Good understanding of Blockchain technology (basic technology, use cases, protocols, tokens, etc.)
- Experience working with python, R or other similar languages
- Being ‘crypto native’ and personal involvement in crypto projects is desired.
- Experience in Game Theory and mathematical modeling is desired
- Interest in ESG-related projects and crowd-science
- Excellent English skills in writing and speaking
- Ability to communicate professionally with project partners
The Austrian Blockchain Center (ABC) is an application-oriented, nationally funded research centre. The mission of the Center is to be the Austrian one-stop-shop research centre for Blockchain (and related) technologies used in industrial applications such as Industry 4.0 / IoT as well as in finance, energy, logistics, government and administration applications. Together with our scientific partners, we provide services to a wide range of industries, from financial services to manufacturing.
Are you interested?
Please send us your CV and a motivation letter to email@example.com!
We strive to increase the share of female employees in our company and would be happy to be able to fill this position with a female applicant.