Do you have experience or interest in blockchain and related technologies? Would you like to
scientifically develop yourself in this field? Are you a data scientist with an interest in
developing and implementing models?
We would like to expand our team for our application-oriented research projects with
Data Scientist (m/f/d)
Who you are
● You have a Master’s degree in finance, computer science, business informatics or
● You have experience working on data science projects.
● You have good knowledge and experience working with R or Python. Knowledge of other
programming languages commonly used for data science is a plus.
● You know what test-driven development is and how to write code that can be used in
production systems. You know your way around Gitlab, Docker and REST APIs are not
new for you.
● You know how to handle large data sets and work with data bases.
● Experience with and enthusiasm for crypto assets and blockchain technology.
● Fluent in English (ideally also German)
● Ability to work in a team and good communication skills
● High degree of initiative and self-organisation
Your tasks would include
● You would work with us and our company partners on data science projects in the field
of asset management and crypto-asset analytics.
● Development and testing of models in R or Python.
● Systematic planning and implementation of software tests
● Participate in technical discussions on architecture and code reviews.
● Attractive tasks in national and international projects with well-known companies
● Collaboration in an interdisciplinary team of researchers
● Attractive full-time employment (40h/week), part-time employment also possible
● Opportunity to write a doctoral thesis
● Continuous scientific exchange with leading scientists at ABC and our scientific partners
● Opportunity for independent and joint publication of research results in scientific
● Working in an international team
● Flexible working hours
● Workplace close to the underground (U1).
The minimum gross salary (full-time) is € 3,185.00 per month (14 times per year), and with a completed PhD the minimum gross salary is€ 3,850.00. Our final offer depends on your
The Austrian Blockchain Center (ABC) is an application-oriented, nationally funded research
centre. The mission of the Center is to be the Austrian one-stop-shop research centre for Blockchain (and related) technologies used in industrial applications such as Industry 4.0 / IoT as well as in finance, energy, logistics, government and administration applications. Together with our scientific partners, we provide services to a wide range of industries, from financial services to manufacturing.
Are you interested? Please send us your CV and a motivation letter to email@example.com!
We would like to increase our share of women and would be happy if we could fill these
positions with women.